Your skin's health is extremely important to your overall well-being. If you, or someone you love, is experiencing discomfort that won't go away, make an appointment to see a licensed dermatologist.
We've compiled a list of questions to consider prior to your appointment. Having answers in mind, and even bringing some notes for reference, is a great way to get the most out of your office visit.
- How long has dry skin been an issue? Acute vs. chronic issues can imply different diagnoses.
- Is the issue constant, or does it come and go?
- Is it worse during the cold weather? Is there a seasonal variation?
- Are there any triggers that make dry skin worse?
- Is there a history of seasonal allergies or asthma?
- Is there a family history of eczema, allergies or asthma?
- Is there an itchy rash? If so, is it more symptomatic at night or is it the same all day?
- If there is a rash, where is the rash located? Is it always in the same location?
- What is the skin care regimen? Have as detailed a list as possible, including any products used, including brand names.
- Have prescription products ever been used? If so, what has or has not worked?
Good preparation can help your dermatologist find the right solution for you with more precision to provide you the relief that you need.